Jesus is the GATE

The earliest known icon of Jesus
So Jesus said again, “Amen, amen, I say to you,
I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me are thieves and robbers,
but the sheep did not listen to them.
I am the gate.
Whoever enters through me will be saved,
and will come in and go out and find pasture.
A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy;
I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.”

Jesus is the gate. When you receive the grace of the Sacraments a different level of faith occurs; a trans-formative faith, a new sense of faith, the realism of  the Kingdom of God grows from a willingness to learn about the many different aspects to faith; knowledge, understanding, piety, counsel, fortitude, fear of the Lord, wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bishop of Rome Francis presides over the celebration of the Eucharist during which he takes possession of the St. Paul's Basilica