Sunday, December 29, 2013

TODAY'S REFLECTION

"Lord that I may see. 
Lord make me realize this! Avoid idle curiosity curb eyesight even from things unlawful so that when something sinful comes along you may not gaze at it. Watch carefully against this. By now we should have great union with God. Remember always the presence of God. Having laid the foundation stone namely that we were created by God, belong to God, are destined for God, we come to the next very important stone. God created all the creatures of the earth, for my use to attain the end which I was created. Let us exam this. First of all I must know myself. I know that I came from, belong to and are destined for God, that I am a little less than angels and over the beasts." Fr Norris Spiritual reflection. (1941)

TODAY'S REFLECTION IS ON THE NATURE OF PASTORAL WORK. AS MISSIONARIES OF THE JESUS WE HAVE TO WORK WITH PEOPLE, TO DEVELOP RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOD AND PEACE WITHIN DIVERSE COMMUNITIES. REMEMBER THE FOUNDATION, WE COME FROM GOD, WE BELONG TO GOD, WE WILL RETURN TO GOD.